Stay in check


Do you need help with obtaining any of the following?


  •  Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
  •  Electrical safety
  •  Fire safety, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors
  •  Gas safety
  •  Deposit protection
  •  Private Rented Property Licensing (PRPL, previously known as Selective Licensing)


Did you know that you are legally obliged as a landlord to have a gas safety inspection each year if there is a gas supply? A copy of the Gas Safety Certificate must be given to tenants. Appliances, installations, pipework, and air vents must be checked to ensure they are safe to use.


Energy Performance Certificates measures the energy efficiency in your property. The tenants must also have a copy of this for their reference. Tenants also need to be in the know with regards to the list above. Therefore it is important that they are issued with a How to Rent booklet.


It's all well and good reading this but it is important to ask yourself if you any of the above needs to be acted upon. Failure to do so may endanger the lives of the tenants living in your property.


Don't leave any questions unanswered. We're here to help.


Wonderlease are dedicated to improving our landlords' and tenants' access to information. Contact us on 020 8509 3000 if you have any questions.

Published on 01 April 2017

Source Wonderlease

Written by Marc Cohen

Free Valuation
Share This